The COVID-19 pandemic is ravaging the world with millions of confirmed cases and thousands of deaths across the world. What has been termed as a once-in-a-100-year event, the pandemic has sent global economies in a tumble as even the most developed nations struggle to contain the spread of this deadly disease. The disease has already plunged the world into recession as its impact is expected to last for years to come. Almost all organizations – global, regional, national – have come forward in their own capacities to tackle the crisis and ameliorate the fallout from this pandemic.
As part of the international think tank community, The Institute for Policy Advocacy, and Governance (IPAG) has undertaken a 10-point agenda to serve better the global community in dealing with a crisis as its effects continue to unfold in the months and years to come.
IPAG’s Agenda 10 for responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Collecting quality data & reliable information to facilitate effective policymaking.
- Keeping people well informed on issues important to their overall wellbeing.
- Research & analysis on subjects affecting lives of people – short, medium, & long term.
- Advocating actions making a positive difference to people affected – nationally & globally.
- Connecting stakeholders in pursuit of a common strategy & response mechanism to the crisis.
- Formulating country specific policy measures to tackle the crisis.
- Multi-sector expertise – health, economic, social, environmental, security, & geopolitical.
- Using technology, social media, & digital connectivity to enhance knowledge dissemination.
- Post-crisis scenario simulation & sector analysis for better adaptation strategy.
- Developing a learning & knowledge kiosk, both online and offline, for global COVID-19 by leveraging country specific lessons & best practices as part of global intellectual resource pooling & sharing strategy.