The Institute for Policy, Advocacy, and Governance (IPAG) is an independent, international think tank currently having presence in four continents – South Asia (Bangladesh & India), Asia-Pacific (Australia), Europe (Austria), Middle East & North Africa (MENA, UAE), IPAG’s core areas of work include (i) Economy, Trade, & Investment (ii) International Relations, Strategic Affairs, & Security (iii) Regional Integration & Connectivity (iv) Energy, Environment, & Natural Resources (v) Migration & Resettlement, Interfaith Relations, & Peace Building (vi) Technology, Innovation, & Fourth Industrial Revolution.
IPAG undertakes research & analysis, engagement & outreach activities, promotes dialogue among various stakeholders, conducts training & capacity building, and supports advocacy towards social justice. IPAG works with well-respected international organizations, institutions, and individuals in making positive contribution towards achieving inclusive and sustainable development – nationally, regionally, and globally.
Through its presence in the five cities – Dhaka, Delhi, Melbourne, Vienna, and Dubai – IPAG maintains global outreach through collaboration with leading think tanks, research institutes and policy bodies around the world. IPAG has presence in well-respected international media which include Project Syndicate, Agenda of the World Economic Forum, Straits Times (Singapore), South China Morning Post (Hong Kong), Nikkei Asian Review (Japan), The Hindu (India), Bangkok Post (Thailand) etc.
As one of the youngest international think tanks in the world and in its 3rd year in Global Rankings, IPAG has been ranked 34th among the top 108 in the category “Top Think Tanks in Southeast Asia & the Pacific”, 42nd among the top 132 in ‘’International Development Policy” & 27th among the top 114 in “Think Tanks to Watch in 2020”. The Global Ranking is done by The Think Tanks & Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the Lauder Institute, University of Pennsylvania, US covering 8,200 think tanks in 190 countries.
IPAG’s mission is to promote sustainable economic development and good governance that provide equal opportunities to all and do not marginalize or deprive the underprivileged.
IPAG’s vision is to become a path-breaking, new generation knowledge outfit making positive contribution in the betterment of lives around the world. In support of the vision, IPAG will be actively involved in the formulation and implementation of policies based on reliable information & quality analysis and implementation of programs and projects in support of the same
IPAG’s Core Objectives:
- Establish itself as an international centre of excellence on policy issues.
- Be a global institution committed to highest professional standards and norms.
- Promote ethical conduct and moral values consistent with good business practices.
- Support democratic practices by promoting good governance and rule of law.
- Raise awareness and undertake measures on issues related to socio-economic development, human rights, women’s empowerment, environment, and climate change.
- Be a pro-active ‘do’ & ‘think’ tank by undertaking evidence based policy research that provides solutions to real life challenges.
- Facilitate engagement with stakeholders in pursuit of solutions to common challenges and leveraging opportunities. Stakeholder include political leadership, governments, policy makers, international organizations, multilateral bodies, think tanks, academia, private sector, civil society, and the media.