Manager (Projects, Programs, & Partnerships)
- Develop concept notes, research papers, proposals, policy briefs, and presentations on issues related to IPAG’s core areas of work.
- Coordinate with senior management to determine research objectives.
- Lead and manage a team to develop winning project proposals.
- Research & draft articles, commentaries, op-eds for international news and media outlets.
- Draft and edit project & conference reports, official letters, and other written documentation.
- Manage IPAG’s teams to oversee communications, logistics, operations, and finance, particularly during the project inception, finalization, and implementation phase.
- Leverage existing relationships and develop new contacts within the knowledge industry and related stakeholders, both within the public and private sector.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time & within scope and budget.
Core Competencies Required:
- Highly skilled written and oral communicator in English. Given that significant portion of IPAG’s works involve interaction with international stakeholders including governments, UN, multilateral development partners, knowledge outfits, international media at the highest level, the applicant must have excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English that meets expected international standards. In absence of these basic qualifications, it is better not to apply.
- Sound organizational and management skills, including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent relationship management skills to build and maintain credibility and influence with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and time-bound deliverables related to the project.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Expertise in online search, analysis, classification, compilation, and dissemination of information.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of 3-5 years or more in the industry that involves responsibilities and requires core competencies as have been outlined above. For profiles with outstanding & well-established track record of performance, there may be exceptions to the experience.
- Bachelors/Masters in Economics, Development Studies, Social Science or any other relevant discipline. Experience in the development sector and work experience with donor agencies will be an added advantage. Business School Grads are encouraged to apply if they are genuinely interested to explore the knowledge frontier with business-like professionalism and entrepreneurial zeal.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Compensation: Per month BDT 120,000 – 150,000 and further negotiable commensurate with background, experience, and proven competency. Access to performance bonus in addition to regular pay in a work hard, play hard culture that rewards hard work & success on a continual basis.
- Opportunity to have international exposure in the top tier of the knowledge industry including interaction & networking with leading global policymakers, intellectuals, thinkers, opinion leaders, and professionals from the international development community.
- An excellent platform to develop multidisciplinary skills and cross-functional expertise on diverse but closely related areas of specialization.
- An entrepreneurial culture that encourages to initiate, lead, manage, and implement projects and participate in international events and conferences held around the world.
Location: This is primarily a Dhaka based position with the flexibility to work remotely from abroad. Particularly for successful candidates if they are currently residing abroad and facing extenuating circumstances like COVID-related travel and other forms of movement restrictions.
Geographic Coverage: The work involves interaction & engagement with IPAG operations & offices in the Asia Pacific (Melbourne), Europe (Vienna), South Asia (Dhaka & Delhi), Middle East (Dubai), and expanding into Africa (Mauritius). It may entail frequent travels once the COVID is over and restrictions removed.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a sample of a recent original piece of writing in the form of articles/publications/research papers/thesis etc. (minimum 1,000 words) by February 28, 2021.