Executive (Project Management & Communications)
- Manage & maintain communication with stakeholders for IPAG’s events, projects, & networks.
- Provide editorial and research support to draft letters, articles, and develop project proposals.
- Do background research and prepare presentations/audio-visuals for IPAG events, internal & external meetings, overseas missions etc.
- Create contents for website, bulletins, press releases, brochures, promotion & presentations.
- Manage IPAG’s social media accounts (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook etc.).
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of IPAG’s programs and projects.
- Coordinate, implement, and manage internal resources & relations with third parties/vendors for implementing IPAG’s events & projects, including invoices/payments.
- Report to the management on project deliverables and updates.
- Support development of projects’ scope, objectives, and budget.
- Maintain & update project/event details, update & track deliverables, meet timelines.
Core Competencies Required:
- Highly skilled written & oral communicator in English. Given that a significant portion of IPAG’s works involve interaction with international stakeholders including governments, UN, multilateral development partners, knowledge outfits, international media at the highest level, the applicant must have excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English meeting expected international standards. Otherwise, it is better not to apply.
- A good sense of aesthetics in design and illustration to support the graphics design team to create state of the art contents and other design materials.
- Well organized with a penchant for detail and strong multitasking skills.
- Analytical & critical thinking abilities, problem-solving & coordination skills.
- Ability to deal with demanding & time-pressed situations.
- Expertise in online data search, analysis, classification, compilation, and dissemination of information.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Fresh Graduates or Professionals with 2-3 years of experience.
- Bachelors/Masters in Economics, Development Studies, Social Science or any other relevant discipline. Experience in the development sector and work experience with donor agencies will be an added advantage. Business School Grads are encouraged to apply if they are genuinely interested to explore the knowledge frontier with business-like professionalism and entrepreneurial zeal.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Candidates with skills in developing aesthetically pleasing presentation decks and audio-visuals are encouraged to apply.
- Up-to-date with latest technology and willing to implement them within the organization.
- Compensation: Per month BDT 80,000 – 100,000 and further negotiable commensurate with background, experience, and proven competency.
- On-the-job training on a diverse set of professional skill sets required for building a successful career in the knowledge industry and development sector.
- Significant freedom of work and delegated responsibilities with minimum required supervision to encourage drive, creativity, and professional independence from day one.
- High-level exposure to leading global institutes and individuals and opportunity to interact, communicate, and network with the top-notch professionals in the industry.
- Access to performance bonus in addition to regular pay in a work hard, play hard culture that rewards hard work & success on a continual basis.
Location: This is primarily a Dhaka based position with the flexibility to work remotely from abroad. Particularly for successful candidates if they are currently residing abroad and facing extenuating circumstances like COVID-related travel and other forms of movement restrictions.
Geographic Coverage: The work involves interaction & engagement with IPAG operations & offices in the Asia Pacific (Melbourne), Europe (Vienna), South Asia (Dhaka & Delhi), Middle East (Dubai), and expanding into Africa (Mauritius). It may entail frequent travels once the COVID is over and restrictions removed.
- To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a sample of a recent original piece of writing in the form of articles/publications/research papers/thesis etc. (minimum 1,000 words) by February 28, 2021.